Retailigence

“Club of Knowledge Hunters”

Grass Roots acquires Mumbai-based Tajonline

Posted by retailigence on October 5, 2008

UK-based Grass Roots group has announced the acquisition of the Mumbai-based merchandise and corporate gift supplier Tajonline India Pvt Ltd. This latest investment by the performance improvement company gives it ownership of Tajonline.com; an online portal that caters to the needs of Indians based overseas who wish to send gifts to family and friends in their home country.

Grass Roots has acquired 90 per cent of the shares in the company with the remaining 10 per cent owned by Charoo Aggarwal, the co-founder of Tajonline.

Grass Roots India, a part of the Grass Roots Group PLC, offers a holistic range of performance improvement products and services for employees, customers and channel partners in the areas of communication, education, measurement, reward and recognition and events.

According to Stephen Hibberd, Grass Roots group’s regional director in Asia, “With the acquisition of Tajonline, our capabilities in India are strengthened. Acquisition will continue to be a component of our growth strategy in building capability in India; however we are focused now on combining the existing Grass Roots business with Tajonline to create a single Grass Roots business in India.”

Source: Images Multimedia

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: